Thank you for choosing Shingle Hut
Complete Roofing Services!
During the re-roofing of your home, you will be living in a “construction area”. We realize this can be an inconvenience, so we have compiled the following list to assist you. These are the basic guidelines. Please address any specific concerns or questions with your Shingle Hut representative.
Prior to Construction
- Remove wall hangings and breakable objects from all shelves (they may fall due to vibrations).
- Confine pets indoors or restrain away from home.
- Park vehicles away from the house. Your driveway will be inaccessible for at least one full day.
- Disarm burglar alarm (vibrations may activate it).
- Do not run sprinkler the night before or during the construction.
- Relocate or protect any fragile pots, plants or other items around the perimeter of your home.
- If a satellite dish is present and active, please coordinate with your provider to reinstall and re-calibrate.
- Dust and small debris may be created while workers are on your roof. Cover objects in attic and garage (if unfinished) as needed
- The roofing crew will require access to a source of electricity and water.
- There will be nails and debris around your house and on your driveway. Please walk carefully and do not drive on the driveway.
- When entering or leaving your home, exercise caution. Debris and other objects may fall from the roof.
- We cannot be responsible for any A/C or wiring or Freon lines that are within three (3) inches of the roof deck (building codes do not allow them within reach of roofing nails).
- We cannot be responsible for nail pops caused on the sheetrock during the normal installation process.
- Palletized material will be delivered to your driveway with a forklift. We cannot be responsible for damage caused to improperly supported driveways.
- Check to make sure that all gates are closed before letting pets outside.
- Watch for any overlooked nails.
- Check the furnace and hot water vents to insure they are connected at the unit. (They may come loose when the new vents are installed).